What is Inverted Nipple Correction?
Inverted nipples are usually hereditary. It occurs when the ducts of the nipple are tethered as the breast enlarges. Although it is a benign condition, it can be a source of psychological stress for a lot of teens and young women
Correcting an inverted nipple requires an incision at the base of the nipple to release the tight bands and ducts to allow the tip of the nipple to emerge. Because the procedure can interfere with the milk ducts at the surface, there is a small chance of being able to properly breastfeed later on. However, for many patients, this is an acceptable drawback with excellent satisfaction rates.
Dr. Panossian performs inverted nipple correction, sometimes under local anesthesia. It is a same day procedure, and patients can return to school or work the following day. A cup-type dressing will be used with a stitch that keeps the nipple out to length during the healing period to avoid retraction. This will need to stay in place for several weeks.
Why choose Dr Panossian
- He received his medical education at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Graduated at the top of his class at UCLA, receiving Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude honors.
- Was accepted into an elite combined general surgery and plastic surgery residency at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Completed subspecialty training in craniofacial surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and Harvard Medical School.
- Was mentored by Dr. Ron Zuker in the practice of facial paralysis reconstruction. This prestigious fellowship position was available to only one surgeon in the United States.
- Is affiliated with various charitable and educational organizations, including Operation Smile and Mending Kids.
- Is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the highly selective American Association of Plastic Surgeons, reserved for only a select group of individuals nationally who have demonstrated excellence in academic plastic surgery.
- Holds memberships in several other professional societies including the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- He serves on the Board of Directors for Mending Kids and the Gondobay Manga Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the improvement of lives in Sierra Leone.
- Has been nominated by his peers annually since 2012 as a “Super Doctor.”
- Served as an expert medical consultant and appeared on The Doctors, Grey’s Anatomy, and Nip/Tuck.
- Has been featured as “Top Doctor” in US News and World Report, Pasadena Magazine, and Los Angeles Magazine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Inverted Nipple Correction
If you live near Pasadena, CA, Dr. Panossian offers inverted nipple correction among its services, and is conveniently located at 39 Congress St., Suite 402 Pasadena, CA 91105
Last modified by Dr. Andre Panossian