What is Inverted Nipple Correction?
Inverted nipples are usually hereditary. It occurs when the ducts of the nipple are tethered as the breast enlarges. Although it is a benign condition, it can be a source of psychological stress for a lot of teens and young women.
Breast Augmentation Before and After Photos
Why choose Dr Panossian
- He received his medical education at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Graduated at the top of his class at UCLA, receiving Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude honors.
- Was accepted into an elite combined general surgery and plastic surgery residency at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Completed subspecialty training in craniofacial surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and Harvard Medical School.
- Was mentored by Dr. Ron Zuker in the practice of facial paralysis reconstruction. This prestigious fellowship position was available to only one surgeon in the United States.
- Is affiliated with various charitable and educational organizations, including Operation Smile and Mending Kids.
- Is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the highly selective American Association of Plastic Surgeons, reserved for only a select group of individuals nationally who have demonstrated excellence in academic plastic surgery.
- Holds memberships in several other professional societies including the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- He serves on the Board of Directors for Mending Kids and the Gondobay Manga Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the improvement of lives in Sierra Leone.
- Has been nominated by his peers annually since 2012 as a “Super Doctor.”
- Served as an expert medical consultant and appeared on The Doctors, Grey’s Anatomy, and Nip/Tuck.
- Has been featured as “Top Doctor” in US News and World Report, Pasadena Magazine, and Los Angeles Magazine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Inverted Nipple Correction
Inverted nipple surgery is a cosmetic procedure that aims to correct the appearance of nipples that are inverted or positioned inward. The cost of inverted nipple correction can vary depending on factors such as the surgeon’s experience, location, and individual case complexity. However, it is important to note that it is best to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon for a personalized assessment and accurate cost breakdown. Ultimately, the price of inverted nipple correction reflects the expertise and quality of care provided by the surgeon in achieving the desired aesthetic results.
Breastfeeding is a concern for many women considering inverted nipple correction surgery in Pasadena, CA. The ability to breastfeed after nipple repair depends on the severity of the inversion and the surgical technique used.
For Grade 1 and 2 inverted nipples, there is a possibility that breastfeeding may still be feasible. However, with Grade 3 nipples, the likelihood of being able to breastfeed is highly unlikely due to severe inversion.
To determine if breastfeeding will be possible after surgery, it is crucial to consult with your nipple repair surgeon. They can provide detailed information about the surgical techniques they employ and whether these techniques could affect your milk ducts or breast ducts.
Understanding the specific nipple repair technique being utilized is essential, as it can impact your ability to breastfeed. It is important to have this conversation with your surgeon before undergoing the procedure so that you can make an informed decision regarding your breastfeeding goals.
In conclusion, while mild cases of inverted nipples may allow for successful breastfeeding after correction surgery, severe cases (Grade 3) may result in an inability to breastfeed. Consulting with a knowledgeable nipple repair surgeon in Pasadena, CA, will ensure that you receive accurate information tailored to your individual situation.
Nipple correction treatment options for inverted nipples vary depending on the level of nipple inversion. Non-surgical methods, such as using devices like the Niplette, nipple shields, or breast shells, can be effective in correcting milder cases of inverted nipples. These techniques work by applying gentle suction or pressure to gradually draw out the inverted nipple.
However, it is important to note that more severe cases of nipple inversion, specifically grade 3 inversion, typically require a surgical procedure for correction. In these cases, a plastic surgeon may perform a surgical intervention to release the tissues causing the inversion and reshape the nipple for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
When considering nipple irregularities and seeking correction, it is essential to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon who can assess your specific situation and recommend an appropriate treatment plan. They will evaluate the severity of your condition and guide you toward the most suitable approach for achieving your desired results.
If you are concerned about your inverted nipple, it is important to understand that while some cases may resolve naturally during puberty, others may be permanently inverted. To determine the best course of action for your specific case, it is recommended to schedule a consultation appointment with an experienced plastic surgeon who specializes in breast procedures.
During this appointment, the surgeon can thoroughly evaluate your condition and provide personalized recommendations for correction. By seeking the expertise of an experienced plastic surgeon, you can ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatment plan tailored to your individual needs.
If you live near Pasadena, CA, Dr. Panossian offers inverted nipple correction among his services and is conveniently located at 39 Congress St., Suite 402, Pasadena, CA 91105
Last modified by Dr. Andre Panossian