What is high-definition liposuction (aka liposculpture)?
Sometimes, body contouring with standard liposuction is not enough to achieve the sculpted look. In select individuals, high definition liposuction will reveal more muscular definition. This is especially effective in the abdominal section in individuals who have a layer of fat that they have been trying to lose.
- What is high-definition liposuction (aka liposculpture)?
- How is high-definition liposuction performed?
- When can I expect to see the final results of High-Definition Liposuction?
- What is the recovery time after a High-Definition Liposuction?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Abdominal High-Definition Liposuction
How is high-definition liposuction performed?
The technique focuses on suctioning fat in a specific pattern over the abdomen. Small incisions are used to perform liposuction under sedation or general anesthesia. Dr. Panossian will listen to your concern areas during a thorough consultation. Immediately prior to surgery, he will then mark out the areas to be suctioned precisely. This is essentially your road map, creating peaks and valleys along your midsection that will ultimately give you the chiseled look or a “six pack.” Surgery will take between 2 and 3 hours to perform depending upon the extent of liposuction. It is usually an outpatient procedure.
When can I expect to see the final results of High-Definition Liposuction?
Although you will see results immediately after removing the dressings, swelling will continue to improve over the next 3-6 months. This will gradually reveal more definition.
What is the recovery time after a High-Definition Liposuction?
Immediately after surgery, Dr. Panossian will put on a specific type of compression dressing to encourage the definition of the treated area to emerge. This dressing will need to be in place for approximately 1 week. You will then continue to use a compression garment for a total of 6 weeks. Most people return to work within 1 week.
Why choose Dr Panossian
- He received his medical education at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Graduated at the top of his class at UCLA, receiving Phi Beta Kappa and Summa Cum Laude honors.
- Was accepted into an elite combined general surgery and plastic surgery residency at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Completed subspecialty training in craniofacial surgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto and Harvard Medical School.
- Was mentored by Dr. Ron Zuker in the practice of facial paralysis reconstruction. This prestigious fellowship position was available to only one surgeon in the United States.
- Is affiliated with various charitable and educational organizations, including Operation Smile and Mending Kids.
- Is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the highly selective American Association of Plastic Surgeons, reserved for only a select group of individuals nationally who have demonstrated excellence in academic plastic surgery.
- Holds memberships in several other professional societies including the American College of Surgeons and the American Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- He serves on the Board of Directors for Mending Kids and the Gondobay Manga Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to the improvement of lives in Sierra Leone.
- Has been nominated by his peers annually since 2012 as a “Super Doctor.”
- Served as an expert medical consultant and appeared on The Doctors, Grey’s Anatomy, and Nip/Tuck.
- Has been featured as “Top Doctor” in US News and World Report, Pasadena Magazine, and Los Angeles Magazine.
Frequently Asked Questions About Abdominal High-Definition Liposuction
If you live near Pasadena, CA, Dr. Panossian offers abdominal high-definition liposuction among its services, and is conveniently located at 39 Congress St., Suite 402 Pasadena, CA 91105
Last modified by Dr. Andre Panossian